We’re Nationally Recognized for Excellence in Memory Care
At Discovery Commons, we recognize the different challenges faced by people with dementia. Upon acceptance at our Memory Care community, we will guide and support your loved one using a service-focused approach that’s rated among the nation’s very best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction shared by only eight memory care providers nationwide, and that’s a true testament to the quality of SHINE®
SHINE® is an exclusively customized method to memory care that fully utilizes scientific principles in order to encourage engagement, understanding and quality of life for seniors suffering from dementia as well as Alzheimer’s Disease and other conditions related to memory.
Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for each resident that touches on various, important aspects of life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to restructure and maintain that which their sickness has taken from them. From nutritious meals to specialized support and care, you can attain peace of mind knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving top-notch care. You have our word.
How Memory Care Programs Help
At Discovery Commons At Wildewood, residents will enjoy a friendly and social environment where warm common areas, modern dining rooms and high-tech activity centers naturally encourage friendships. Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and/or dementia deserve guidance and compassion, and our expertly trained Memory Care team members will ensure they get the level of attention they need.
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program provides long-term care designed to meet the needs of these residents through a supervised environment, assistance with daily living activities and medical monitoring. We also provide activities throughout the day to keep residents engaged and filled with purpose, enriching their lives.
Some of the benefits of memory care communities include the assistance of specially trained team members, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe, secure environment, and opportunities for residents to interact and socialize. If you have considered a memory care program for your loved one, Discovery Commons At Wildewood offers high-quality care in our comfortable community.
Discovery Commons At Wildewood: SHINE® Memory Care Program
When your loved one enters our SHINE® Memory Care community, which is one of the premier memory care communities in Maryland, they’ll be in good hands.
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
In our senior living communities, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Putting a focus on strengths instead of restrictions
- Encouraging physical exercise, supporting mental activity, and motivating to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Nutritious gourmet meals support overall body health
- Active participation in dining with care provided when necessary
- Dining in a peaceful and calm environment at the same timing every day lets residents have all the time they need to eat with peace of mind
- “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities for individuals or in small groups
- Activities designed to cater to residents’ current abilities and at different days
- Activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free and age-appropriate
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active participation and support in personal care activities help maintain a great sense of freedom and control
- Personal care activities that outline the perception of a person as seen by their peers, friends, and family
- Work or productive activities for self-fulfillment and self-worth
- Recreational or leisure activities promote friendships and pleasure to raise the quality of life
Contact Discovery Commons At Wildewood
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families
- Extensive training for our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
- A dining experience that uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness, and participation
- Group and individual activities, quiet, relaxed moments, and sensory experiences
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health, and happiness in mind
For more information on our SHINE® Memory Care Program and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, please contact a Senior Lifestyle Counselor using our convenient online form or at 301-960-3895. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal lifestyle needs. You can explore our facilities by scheduling a tour, and we’ll gladly answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
To learn more about our SHINE® Memory Care program, please complete the form below to connect with a Senior Lifestyle Counselor: