Discovery Commons At College Park offers an independent living program for seniors who desire flexibility and freedom but do not wish to go through the hassle of doing household chores and taking care of the house. We hope to serve residents living in Carmel, Indiana, and enhance their quality of life through our care and service.
Carmel is a residential district city in Indiana which is located north of Indianapolis. The city is flanked by the Hamilton-Boone county line to the west, and the White River to the east. The city is also known as the ‘Roundabout Capital’ in the United States due to the presence of 140 roundabouts in the city, which is higher than any other. Carmel has consistently been ranked as one of the safest and best places to live in the United States. This is also one of the reasons why people wish to start families or launch their careers in Carmel.
Under the leadership of Mayor Jim Brainard, Carmel has grown from a typical suburban car-centric city to a developed and world-renowned city known for its redevelopment, arts and culture, entertainment, and infrastructure. Most of this occurred during the last two decades. Because of its rapid development and improvement in infrastructure, Carmel has been touted as an example and model of modern urban planning. This is also because what Carmel managed to accomplish in 20 years would normally require centuries by most cities.
Carmel continued to invest large sums of money in residential buildings, facilities, and better infrastructure for its residents even during the Great Depression and more recently, the global financial crisis, and the results of these investments are paying off.
Recreational Parks in Carmel
- Flowing Well Park: Flowing Well Park has numerous amenities and a nature trail that wraps along the creek and through the woods. The cool creek which runs through the park is also a good spot for fishermen.
- Lawrence W. Inlow Park: Lawrence W Inlow Park is a summer hot spot due to the popular water spray feature which allows kids to play and stay cool. There is also a golf course, picnic tables, and grills which make this park an ideal location for birthday parties.
Popular Arts & Entertainment in Carmel
- Art on Main Gallery and Gifts: Art on Main Gallery and Gifts offers a special place for Indiana artists to come together to offer their art for sale and exhibit their showcases.
- Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections: This museum is one of the few museums in the United States which is devoted to the art of detailed and precise miniatures.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets in Carmel
- Carmel City Center: This shopping mall is a popular place for locals and residents due to the variety of restaurants and retail it houses.
- Carmel Farmers Market: Carmel Farmers Market offers a winter market and its signature farmers market during different seasons of the year. The market’s mission is to produce, organize and manage fun farmers’ markets for the residents of Carmel.
Why Choose Discovery Commons At College Park?
Do you ever feel bored, isolated, or stressed at home? Do you and your loved ones require special assistance for your daily activities and personalized care? Our team members are highly experienced, well-trained, and passionate about helping our residents get the most out of their stay in Discovery Commons At College Park. We are willing to help and care for you so that you can enjoy your retirement in peace and comfort knowing that your needs and health are looked after.
If you would like to learn more about our senior living programs at Discovery Commons At College Park, simply contact us at 317-961-7256 or schedule a tour to visit our living community and team members!