We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Senior Living Memory Care
At Discovery Commons Cypress Point, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. We pride ourselves as a community that prioritizes using a person-centered approach that is well-known among the nation.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
With an approach tailored specially for each individual, our program is centered around scientific principles. This includes encouraging quality-of-life, participation, and engagement for individuals suffering from dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions affecting memory.
Here at Discovery Commons Cypress Point, we have formed a team of highly skilled professionals to aid our residents to focus on various aspects of life. Our nurses are specially trained in memory care diseases and are equipped with the knowledge on how to serve our residents better. As part of our SHINE® Memory Care program, our mission is to help patients recondition what their illness has taken away from them.
We provide a range of services and there is nothing that you cannot find at Aston Gardens. We ensure that our residents are well-taken care of receiving high-quality medical care.
More about our SHINE® Senior Living Memory Care Program
On top of high-quality medical care, our community fosters friendly social environments, encouraging the development of meaningful friendships among residents. Here at Discovery Commons Cypress Point, our residents can enjoy well-decorated dining rooms and comfortable common areas.
We place the importance of understanding our dementia patients and/or those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease as they require compassion and guidance. Entrusting us with your family members would mean that they would receive the care and concern that they need.
With constant supervision and assistance to daily living activities, our SHINE® Memory Care Program is designed to offer residents medical monitoring to meet their needs. Additionally, we encourage our residents to participate in daily activities to ensure that they are engaged and are leading a meaningful life.
You can rest easy knowing your loved one is in a supportive environment at a memory care community with our specially trained staff members. If you are thinking of a memory care program for your loved one, you have come to the right place. Discovery Commons Cypress Point provides high-quality care in our stylish, comfortable community.
The SHINE® Senior Living Memory Care Program
Exploring Independence, Boosting Confidence, and Improving Self-Esteem
Discovery Commons Cypress Point strives to achieve the following:
- Commemorating small successes whenever needed
- Actively encouraging physical exercise, maintaining regular interactions, stimulating mental activities
- Centering around strengths, rather than weaknesses
- Promoting active participation in all aspects of daily living
Exploring Dining Wonders
- Diets rich in nutrients contribute to good overall wellness
- Supporting active dining participation
- Providing aid if necessary, in participating in the dining experience
- A food service program for wanderers or those unable to focus during mealtime
Encouraging Interactive Activities
- Small-grouped activities geared toward a specific purpose
- Residents’ abilities and time of day are considered when planning activities
- Activities that encourage non competitiveness
- Providing chances that fit residents’ hyperactivity
Maintaining Friendships and Belonging
- Maintaining maximum control and independence with constant interaction and support during daytime activities
- Activities that revolve around how family, peers and friends view a person
- Productive tasks provide both intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Placing importance on activities that maintain friendships and achieve a healthy life balance.
Talk to Our Retirement Community Professionals Today!
Our heavily centered program aims to achieve holistic development and specially tailored treatment plans:
- Extensive communication with families and residents
- Regular training provided for our staff
- A custom-made “My Story” book for our residents
- Well-decorated dining facilities using science to encourage interaction, awareness, participation and improve appetite.
- Activities rich in sensory experiences and for residents to enjoy unwinding moments.
- Well-protected neighborhoods to maintain safety, health and happiness of your loved ones.
If you need more information about our retirement programs, please feel free to reach out to us online or call us direct. We will be more than happy to guide you step-by-step on our SHINE® Memory Care Program and provide you with any information that you need to encourage a healthy lifestyle for your loved one.