Come Experience for Yourself Why Fort Myers is a #1-Rated Retirement Community
Southwest Florida is a sun-splashed refuge that stays completely free from wintertime anxiety. When the rest of the nation is covered by icy roads and frigid air, Discovery Commons remains a hotspot for outdoor recreation, beautiful and serene beaches, arts and delectable dining and so much more. No wonder Fort Myers in 2019 was named the nation’s “Best Place to Retire,” according to U.S. News and World Report.
Discovery Commons is conveniently located just minutes from all the events and attractions that form Fort Myers’ finest. With the diverse shopping and dining opportunities that await at the reimagined Bell Tower Shops, to the weekly street festivals and vibrant—and quite underrated—arts and culture scene of the Downtown River District.
Our immediate area is a sports and entertainment destination of its own, with red-hot venues including PopStroke and the coming-soon Topgolf Fort Myers. It’s an easy walk to Hammond Stadium, the winter and Spring Training home of MLB’s Minnesota Twins, too!
This is Florida, after all, so let’s not forget about the sandy, white beaches! Too many to count, our endless options allow beach lovers plentiful opportunities to explore. In addition to our namesake, Fort Myers Beach and Lovers Key State Park, Sanibel Island is widely known as the best shelling spot in all of North America. And nothing beats the beaches of Captiva.
Fort Myers has something for everyone… and with complimentary transportation, an active social calendar, and plenty of bus trips and excursions to local events and attractions with your friendly neighbors and team members, Discovery Commons will help guarantee that you or your loved one can live an energetic and rewarding lifestyle, enjoying all that this enchanting area has to offer.
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest for Senior Living Include:
Arts & Entertainment
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall at FSW (3.7 miles)
- Broadway Palm Dinner Theater (7.0 miles)
- Laboratory Theater (8.7 miles)
- Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center (8.7 miles)
- Florida Repertory Theatre (8.8 miles)
- Florida Gulf Coast University Art Galleries (11.1 miles)
- Hertz Arena (11.2 miles)
- Lakes Park (3.6 miles)
- JetBlue Park at Fenway South (5.1 miles)
- Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium (5.7 miles)
- IMAG History & Science Center (8.3 miles)
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates (8.8 miles)
- Fort Myers Beach (11.5 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Publix Super Market at Daniels Crossing (0.3 miles)
- Whole Foods Market (0.6 miles)
- Market Square (2.6 miles)
- The Forum (7.2 miles)
- Colonial Square (5.1 miles)
- Gulf Coast Town Center (8.4 miles)
- Coconut Point (11.2 miles)
- Gulf Coast Medical Center (1.2 miles)
- HealthPark Medical Center (6.5 miles)
- Lee Memorial Hospital (7.9 miles)
Transportation & Public Transit