Our SHINE® Memory Care program has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, the country’s leading voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a unique personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues.
Reach out to Discovery Commons today to learn more about how we can care for your loved one.
What Are Memory Care Senior Living Communities?
Memory care communities provide specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. In these safe, secure communities, residents receive round-the-clock care from nurses and certified nurse assistants. Our team members have training and experience in caring for individuals with dementia. Many people need more intensive levels of care as they age. At memory care communities, they can receive the help they need.
Discovery Commons’ Memory Care Program
At Discovery Commons, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, each of whom has specialized training in caring for memory diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
At our senior living communities, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Nutrient-dense gourmet meals promote overall good health
- Active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Dining in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
- “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Activities geared towards residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active participation and support in personal care activities help maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Personal care activities that define how a person is perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Work or productive activities provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Play or leisure activities promote friendships and pleasure for increases quality of life
For more information on our memory care programs across the country and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, reach out to Discovery Commons. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal needs.
Contact Us to Learn More About SHINE® Memory Care
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families
- Extensive training for our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
- A dining experience that uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness, and participation
- Group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences, and quiet, relaxed moments
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health, and happiness in mind
Learn more about our memory care program and other senior living options at Discovery Commons. Contact us today.