The benefits of assisted living are the mixing of compassionate care that helps older adults with activities of daily living, accompanied by a lifestyle filled with interactive events, wellness enrichment, and outdoor activities. This article reviews assisted living principles that will ease up your emotional toll after moving a parent.
A significant advantage of assisted living with personalized care is that your aged parent may find all needs attended to within the assisted living community.
A Peaceful Retirement
Senior health emergencies can prove stressful for all families, whether these older adults live with them daily. When a parent moves to assisted living communities, close kin may be assured that their aged parents are in a nurturing and secure environment, eating healthy meals, interacting, and receiving daily living assistance care.
Medicare, Social Security, and Guaranteed Minimum Income
If you’re worried about finances after retirement, many safety-net programs are available in the United States to ensure that older adults will be taken care of. Many retirees may worry about having no income to tide them over on rainy days. However, with Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, retirees should have health insurance and a guaranteed minimum income to support themselves.
- Nutritious gourmet meals support overall body health
- Active participation in dining with care provided when necessary
- Dining in a peaceful and calm environment at the same time every day lets residents have all the time they need to eat with peace of mind
One of the perks of being 50 years and over is the senior discounts you’ll get! As insignificant as senior discounts may seem, they can go a long way to help you save money. Many senior discounts also apply to services encouraging you to stay physically and mentally active.
Discovery Commons South Biscayne Retirement Community
At Discovery Commons South Biscayne, we foster a sense of community and friendship. Our community features multiple customized services and programs. The nursing team predicts and sees your needs and preferences, so you can customize a personal lifestyle that works for you.
In the safety of this well-respected community, you may play, live, and enjoy the twilight years of your life. Whatever your interests or preferences for leisure, you can freely make friends with peers, participate in any campus training course, or just slowly read some books in the quiet gardens by the courtyard.
- Optional meal preparation- any two meals per day
- Many dining options with over thirty menu options daily
- Cafes and retail shops
- Extended cable network, utilities
- Wi-Fi access found in all common spaces
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Emergency medical treatment
- Full concierge services
- Apartment maintenance and housekeeping covered
- Chartered bus transportation daily and weekly for: entertainment, excursions, shopping, and medical treatment sessions.
- Aging and wellness programs
- Outdoor excursions, day trips, or historical tours
- Fitness classes every week, like yoga or physiotherapy
- Modern, fully equipped gyms
- Hurricane emergency preparedness
- Hospitality to pets