Some benefits of the SHINE memory care for dementia from memory care communities, like the memory care living program in Bonita Spring, FL, include the assistance from specially trained nursing staff, the peace of mind which arises from knowing that your senior kin is within a safe, secure setting, or interactive events that allow residents to socialize. Here is a review of what to expect when exploring memory care for your loved one within Bonita Spring, FL.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
The SHINE® Memory Care Program refers to a long-term care program specifically designed to satisfy all the needs of senior kin suffering from dementia or alternative memory-related illnesses. Within a closely supervised setting, our residents get to be looked after thoroughly by a team of medical professionals who provide full-time assistance along with medical monitoring and assistance with daily living activities. Our residents may enjoy many interactive activities over the day, keeping their lives occupied and fulfilling.
We offer common spaces or activity stations that provide a safe and friendly environment to let you socialize or make more friends. Take comfort in knowing that your close kin is kept in a safe setting. Our professional Memory Care nursing staff will ensure that your senior kin can enjoy their twilight years even if they have dementia or Alzheimer’s.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program Training Goals
Achieve Self-Esteem, Confidence, and Independence
Some activities may ease memory care diseases at Discovery Commons, Cypress Point, and memory care retirement communities. Examples of such activities include:
- Motivating our residents to take part in activities actively
- Maintaining fitness, both mentally and physically
- Celebrating all achievements and advances in progress
- Sustaining social or spiritual friendships
- Homing in to grow your strengths rather than your weaknesses
Discover Dining Delights
- When needed, nursing assistance promotes a more intentional focus on dining.
- Meditative Dining is where residents can eat meals in a quiet, calm setting at regular times.
- Mobile Feeding caters to residents that cannot sit still for a meal or wander off regularly.
- Nutritious home-cooked meals that are nourishing for seniors
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Activities that might suit all senior memory care patients, factoring in their physical needs
- Friendly, non-competitive, non-threatening activities
- Group or one-to-one activities that driven by realistic goal setting
- Activities and events that can accommodate residents’ memory spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Fun activities that strengthen confidence and boost self-esteem
- Promote active engagement in personal care activities to give seniors a better sense of control or greater independence
- Promote social bonds or relaxation through leisure activities or games that raise the quality of life
- Self-care activities that improve one’s perception of how the senior is viewed by their peers, kin, and community
Memory Care at Cypress Point
SHINE memory care for dementia applies scientific principles to enhance lifestyle quality, comprehension, or participation for seniors living with dementia, like Alzheimer’s Disease or more memory-related issues.
In our memory care community, you are supervised by a group of experienced team members that nurse with knowledge, empathy, and trained nursing. SHINE memory care for dementia has earned a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, America’s foremost voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s research and study. It is an award we share with a prestigious and exclusive group of U.S. memory care providers.
At Discovery Commons Cypress Point, we understand the challenges that people that have dementia are confronted with. When your family or loved ones join our memory care community, our mission is to facilitate seniors on a journey of being highly aware of their surroundings. All nursing staff are continuing education and specialized training about memory care illnesses. Discovery Commons Cypress Point’s SHINE memory care for dementia seeks to restore or salvage all dementia has robbed them of.