A vibrant and diverse city of its own, Garland isn’t to be overshadowed by Dallas, its metropolitan neighbor to the Southwest. In fact, distinctly Texan, and with a variety of local attractions from waterparks and open air shopping to golf, parks and recreation, there’s the perfect mix of action and relaxation to be had right at home in Garland.
For nature lovers, Lake Ray Hubbard and Spring Creek Park offer scenic vistas and a range of recreational options. And of course, you haven’t truly been to Garland unless you’ve visited its historic Downtown area…and picked out an authentic, Resistol cowboy hat, which are made proudly in Garland as well.
From Discovery Commons, it’s just a few, short blocks to popular destinations including the Firewheel Golf Park, with three, memorable courses to choose from, and Hawaiian Falls Waterpark, which is a consensus “must-do” whenever grandkids are in town. Even the “original” Babe’s Chicken Dinner House—a Dallas-area staple for over 25 years—is just up the street, adding to the local appeal and convenience that comes with living in our part of town.
So please, call or click today to arrange a tour of our community and enjoy a complimentary, chef-prepared lunch on us!
Area Landmarks & Destinations Include:
Arts & Recreation
- Hawaiian Falls Waterpark (0.8 miles)
- Downtown Garland (3.1 miles)
- Granville Arts Center (3.4 miles)
- Firewheel Golf Park (3.5 miles)
- Resistol Hats (3.5 miles)
- Breckinridge Park (5.4 miles)
- Tom Thumb – Arapaho Road (1.3 miles)
- Target – Garland East (1.5 miles)
- Walmart Supercenter (1.5 miles)
- Walgreens (3.1 miles)
- Firewheel Town Center Mall (3.3 miles)
- Bass Pro Shops (12.5 miles)
- Baylor Scott & White Family Medical Center (2.7 miles)
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center (3.8 miles)
Area Transit & Public Transportation